Sunday, September 27, 2015

Diary 3 Back from Kenting

We're back from Kenting. A trip for two days are over. We have lots of fun, especially our kids.

We drove to Kenting for 3 hours or so on the first day. We got up earlier than usually in case the traffic would be much heavier on holidays and camping sites were full of tent. We prepared our son's by-food in the morning before we got off. Kids were still sleepy. It's okay. We can take them downstairs while they are sleeping and they can sleep more during the driving.

We were almost near our destination, Chingshan(青山) camping site around 1. We had lunch at Zhechan(車城). It cost us $250 for 2 noodles, 1 soup, 1 plate of vegetables and a small treat. How expensive. Our son also finished his lunch there.

The traffic was smooth. We arrived the camping site around 2. There were a lot of people. The camp-keeper introduced their environment when it occurred to me that we might run into the wrong site because two camping sites are side by side and the runners are brothers. My site should be Chingshan, not Chingliang. Chingshan seemed to be full while Chingliang still had some space. We decided to spend an overnight at Chingliang.

My husband has little experience for camping. I also forgot how to build a tent. We discussed a lot and changed the site three times because it was raining. Kids were excited. My son practiced standing more there. There was a meadow for kids to run and crawl.

After we finished setting up the tent, we went to the nearby beach, 船帆石. It was still raining and the wind was a little strong. I bought two umbrellas from 7-11. My daughter was excited to go to the beach and eager to  bathe herself in the sea. However, we didn't wear the swimming suits and bring the swimming tools. The sea was clear and beautiful. Lots of people were in the water. My daughter enjoyed the beach so much that she pulled me away. I was afraid that I couldn't protect her so I stopped her from going deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment